1 Medium Beef Burger
50g Iceberg Lettuce
1 Clove of Garlic
30g Courgette (or Zucchini, if you’re in the US!)
1/2 Red Onion
15g Red Chili Peppers
1 Bell Pepper
Handful of Fresh Basil
1tsp Paprika (optional)
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1tbsp Dijon Mustard
30g Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese
1tbsp Low-Fat Mayo
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / Gas Mark 6.
1. Chop the chillies, pepper, mushroom and courgettes and leave to soak in the balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard in a roasting tin. Grate the garlic over the top, and mix it through with the fresh basil.
2. Cut the sweet potato into fairly thin wedges and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over them. If you’re using paprika, sprinkle this over the top. Pop them on a greaseproof sheet on a baking tray, and put in the oven for 35-40 minutes, shaking occasionally.
3. With 10-15 minutes to go (check the instructions on your burger) put the vegetables in the oven.
4. Put the burger on the grill, and turn occasionally. This is a good time to grate your cheese and prepare the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber so you’re ready to go at the end!
5. Arrange the salad in a bed on the bottom of the plate, and then add the burger, cheese, and roasted vegetables on top. Serve with your sweet potato chips – and, if you’re following the meal plan… How’s about a beer?