Check these out. They’re adapted from a recipe I found here - and I have to say, the first time I tried to make them I was totally sceptical. I mean… It’s cauliflower, for Pete’s sake.
But once I’d made them… Well, wow. They’re just delicious. And they’re a great way to keep those pizza cravings under control.
I’m pretty sure there are ways that this recipe could be made even better – so feel free to experiment and send me your tips!
100g Cauliflower, Grated
1 Medium Egg
113g Low-Fat Mozzarella
1tsp Fresh Parsley
1tbsp Mixed Herbs
2tbsp Tomato Puree
1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
100g Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese, Grated
2tbsp Pineapple Chunks
1. Start by ‘ricing’ the cauliflower – basically grating it into the finest pieces you can muster. If you’ve got a food processor, that’s the easiest way to go about it, but failing that – get grating.
2. Heat an inch of water in a medium-sized saucepan until it boils. Pop the cauliflower rice in, cover it with a lid, and allow it to steam for about five minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / Gas Mark 6.
4. Strain the cauliflower through a sieve, allow it to cool for a couple of minutes, and then squeeze it in a clean tea towel or a few sheets of paper towel, until it’s as dry as you can get it.
5. Pop it in a large bowl, and throw in the grated mozzarella, the egg (slightly beaten), and a tablespoon of mixed herbs.
6. Stir the mixture well.
7. Put some greaseproof paper on a baking tray, and brush it with a teaspoon of olive oil. Spoon on the cauliflower mixture, either in a rectangular shape or by forming a circle(ish!) shape, depending on what you fancy!
8. Pop it in the oven for 35-40 minutes – or as long as it takes to make the crust firm and brown.
9. Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Spread the tomato puree over the crust, followed by the cheddar cheese, ham and pineapple (or whatever other veggies you fancy!)
10. Pop it back in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle the parsley on top for an extra flavour boost!
11. YOU HAVE PIZZA. Enjoy!